Based on the average sleeping time, around 8 hours a night, we spend a third of our day in bed; so it is very important to make the correct choice when buying a bed.
When people are looking for a bed, they usually don’t know where to start. With loads of experience in dealing with such customers, Price Co understands the problems faced by bed buyers. There’s so much choice out there, there are so many different places to buy them from and friends have all different opinions. Therefore, there is a lot to think about. In this guide, you will learn about 3 fundamental tips for picking a new bed.
Measure The Size Of The Bed
The first tip is to measure the room where your bed is going to be. A lot of people forget to do this, but it is essential that you do this. The bed is the most prominent thing in your bedroom, which is going to take up the most space on the floor. You need to measure the length of it and work out how much space you would like left at the foot of your bed. Then you need to measure the width of it and figure out how much space you’re going to have either side of your bed. It’s also good to measure the height of the room if you are considering anything fancy like a four-poster bed because the ceiling height is going to affect how good your bed is going to look in that kind of a space.
Decide On The Type Of Bed
Now that you’ve figured out the size of the bed, you need to decide on what type of bed you want. These fit into three main categories:
- Divan: It is a very simple wooden frame that’s covered in fabric and sometimes comes with storage options underneath.
- Bedframe / Bedstead: These could be made out of metal or solid wood. They come in all sorts of different styles and they also have the option to have storage underneath.
- Storage bed: This could be something like a daybed that’s got drawers built in under or it could be a huge double ottoman bed where the whole frame lifts up to give you all of the space underneath for storage.
While choosing the design, you really need to have a good think about the amount of storage that you want to get from your bed.
Browse Designs Online And Visit The Store
After understanding the size and the type of bed you want, you can start off by having a look online at the various models available in the market. You may want to start by the lowest price and go up, as your budget allows.
After you’ve made a short list of some designs that you really like, it is a great idea to go and try them out in the store. When you opt for a design in the store, try the bed out and if you do have a partner take them as well. It will allow you to have the feel of the bed and see if it suits your style.
- Ask the store about the delivery and how the bed is going to arrive. At PriceCo, our delivery policy is clearly mentioned here.
- If you found a bed that you like, chances are it may be full price at the moment so it’s definitely worth asking the store, which you’re buying from, whether it’s likely to be going on sale anytime soon. This can help you save a few hundred bucks.